One of the best memories I have growing up is making pizza with my mom at home or with my cousins at my aunt’s house. Now that I have kids and they are a good age to help out in the kitchen I started to do it again passing our Italian background forward.
Making pizza is a very social activity you can have fun with from making the dough to the eating part …yummy therapy
Today I’m sharing my mom’s dough recipe and giving suggestions for delicious toppings.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast (9 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 355 ml of warm water (45 ° C)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 415 g wheat flour
Preparation 10 mins Cooking: 40 mins
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water along with the sugar and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of dissolved yeast, add half the flour, salt, and olive oil. Mix the ingredients into the dough.
- On a floured surface, place the dough and soot, adding the rest of the wheat flour until the dough is peeling off the hands. Transfer the dough to a bowl greased with oil and cover with a damp cloth. Leave it to double in size. Make a ball. Let it rest for a minute. Open the dough on the tackiness of your preference
- Preheat the oven to high temperature (220ºC). If you are baking the pizza on the stone, you can put the sauce and the other ingredients directly on the pizza and take it to bake immediately. If you do not bake it on the stone, lightly grease the shape that will be used, place the dough and let it rise for 15 to 20 minutes, before assembling the pizza and baking it. Use your favorite ingredients to make your pizza.
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven until the cheese melts and the edge is stained, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Portuguese : Mozzarella chess, onion, boiled egg, black olives and smoked ham.
Brazilian: Heart of Palm, mozzarella chess, cherry tomato, oregano
Tonada: Tuna can, onions, oregano and green olives.
Italian: fresh mozzarella, sundry tomato and arugula